May 11, 2009

Standard Plus



Anyone heard of Standard Plus yet? 


They only caught my attention a couple of weeks back when I listened to one of their tunes on the radio. I always do that when I'm driving. There's this one good radio station that consistently provides me with beautiful fresh new music.  So I was driving around in the car and suddenly started to pogo around and sing along when that song came on. It took me a mail and some waiting before I was told the band's name and what the tune was called.

A few days later I requested their www-friendship and the guys were so kind to send me that tune. Perfect! 

There's not much information I could gather from their myspace. But then again: What do you need to know if the music is fantastic? At least this: They are 4 guys from Cologne/Germany playing  a decent blend of Punk, Indie and Pop. Their lyrics are as funny as  their music is serious. Guitar, Bass, Drums, Synths & Voice are Standard Plus' ingredients for a savoury musical recipe.




Here's the video for Kinski, the track I was talking about:







Buy it here!



No comments:

Post a Comment